Information Hirelect collects
The primary use of the information we collect from you during your visit to Hirelect is for compliance with any regulatory bodies, partners, providers or other third parties affiliated in obtaining your background checks, including but not limited to the Consumer Financial Protection Board (“CFPB”) and the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”). In general, your personal information will not be sold, rented or leased to any other parties for any purpose unless we have your consent to do so, such as:
- When a trusted third-party provider performs credit card processing.
- When other services are performed on our behalf (such as fraud detection and/or prevention services).
Our providers are obligated by contract to protect your information and are prohibited from using your information except to provide said processing/detection and or prevention services.
However, the following exceptions apply:
Data we automatically collect:
- We may also use the information provided to us to establish, assert, or defend our legal rights and or interests, or those of a third party, and or respond to judicial proceeding, court order, legal process and or requests from government and law enforcement.
- We may use information we obtain for advertising purposes, which are targeted and based on the personal information you have provided. However, just because the advertiser may assume that you meet the targeting criteria, we do not provide personal information to the advertiser.
- In the event Hirelect is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as a part of that transaction. The promises of this Policy will apply to your information as transferred to the new entity.
- Cookies We use ‘Cookies’ (regular and flash) on this website to improve our site and your experience. Regular cookies are small text files that contain alphanumeric characters and fall into two categories, while flash cookies differ in the amount, type and way data is stored from regular cookies. A ‘persistent’ cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time, while a ‘session’ cookie is erased when you close your web browser. We use both persistent and session cookies to manage Hirelect.
- Web Beacons We also use Web Beacons to personalize the site for your visit and also to understand campaign effectiveness. Web Beacons are electronic images that may be used both on Hirelect and in circular emails you may receive from us or one of our selected providers.
Hirelect is protected by industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) web-encryption. However, despite this precaution no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and Hirelect expressly CANNOT and DOES NOT guarantee, nor authorize anyone to guarantee for Hirelect the safety of any information you choose to provide to Hirelect. If you have any questions about our security practices, please see our Contact Us page.
Accuracy and Access
At Hirelect, we try our best to maintain the accuracy and quality of our information that is supplied us. However, any links to third party websites on Hirelect are solely provided as a convenience to you. Hirelect does not endorse or make any representations about any third parties sites or any information, software, products, materials or any results obtained from using them. Accessing any of the third party sites linked to Hirelect is done entirely at your own risk.
Hirelect ‘ s Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) Policy
I. GENERALL PII POLICY
Hirelect does not “offshore” PII of consumers (for example: dates of birth, Social Security numbers, and other identifying information) outside of the United States and its territories and beyond the protection of U.S. Privacy laws for the purposes of processing or preparing consumer reports (i.e., background checks).
While ordering a background check through this site (https://www.hirelect.com) does involve the collection of PII online, the same is only collected through secure, explicit opt-ins from employers, who are notified in clear language of their duties. All employers are vetted pursuant to FCRA section 607(a).
Moreover, PII is retained on our secure servers pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) for a minimum of six (6) years.
II. CONSUMER REVIEW OF PII
To opt-out, consumers must not consent to the performance of pre-employment background screening with a prospective or current employer once a consumer has consented to such a screening, Hirelect must retain the consumer‘s information on file for the above-mentioned six (6) year period.
III. ONWARD TRANSFER OF PII
Moreover in connection with preparing background checks for employers, Hirelect may in some instances employ (as subcontractors) other companies and individuals to complete parts of the background screening process on Hirelect‘s behalf. All such subcontractors are contractually obligated to use and maintain the confidentiality of PII in a manner consistent with the entirety of the aforesaid, and with the general policies contained outlined elsewhere in this site. Such companies and individuals may not share any such information with any third party, other than their subcontractors, other Hirelect subcontractors or Hirelect.